skip to main content

Potential Industrial Action - Friday 6 October

Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is preparing for planned industrial action. This is for UNISON members employed by the council.

This is in relation to a pay dispute relating to the pay award for 2023/24. If the issue is not resolved, UNISON intend to take strike action on 6 October and commence an ongoing period of work to rule from Monday 9 October. 

If industrial action does go ahead, we will have to delay green bin and bulky waste collection services on Friday 6 October to allow us to prioritise collecting your household and recycling waste. Garden waste collections that were due on Friday 6 will be moved to Saturday 7 if the action is taken by UNISON.

Most of our services will be delivered as normal, and you can stay up to date with all the latest information about any disruption to services. 

Did you know that a maximum of £300 per week will not be counted when we work out your income for Housing and Council Tax Support?

Who does this apply to?

Child care costs can be disregarded if you are:

  • a lone parent working at least 16 hours per week

  • couples where both are working at least 16 hours per week

  • a couple where one partner is working at least 16 hours per week and the other is counted as

    disabled or long term sick.

What kind of child care can be taken into consideration?

We will disregard payments made to:

  • registered child minders

  • nurseries and play schemes

  • out of school schemes.

What is the age limit for children?

We will disregard child care costs payable for your children from birth until the first Monday in September following their fifteenth birthday or, in the case of a disabled child, the first Monday after their sixteenth birthday.

How much will be disregarded from my income?

A maximum of £175 per week will be disregarded for one child or up to £300 per week for two or more children. We will only take off child care costs paid from your wages or any Working Tax Credit.

What details do we need?

Before we use child care costs we need to see the following details:

  • the name and address of the person/organisation providing the care for each child/children (including any registration number)

  • details confirming payments made for each child and the period each payment covered. We will accept receipts for payments made or a letter from the care provider. Details should be provided by each care provider if children are cared for by different persons/organisations.