- Town and parish councils
- Huntingdonshire District Council budget and spending
- Council Tax explanatory notes
- Further information and contact details
The Council Tax you pay goes towards the cost of providing a wide range of services provided by Cambridgeshire County Council, Huntingdonshire District Council, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, the fire and police services.
Town and parish councils
Under the arrangement for Council Tax, town and parish councils issue a precept to the district council for their financial needs. This is paid from the district council's General Fund and is recovered by setting a Council Tax for each town/parish council based on its tax base.
The table below shows each town/parish precept for the previous year and the current year. It also shows the tax base (equated number of Band D properties) and consequent Band D tax for the current year.View the Town/Parish Precepts
When local councils ask for more than £140,000 from their council taxpayers they must provide more detail of their spending plans. View further financial analysis of town and parish council expenditure [PDF, 0.1MB].
HDC Budget and spending
View information on budget and spending [PDF, 1MB]
Council Tax explanatory notes
Council Tax helps to pay for a wide range of local services like policing and refuse collection. It applies to all domestic properties, including houses, bungalows, flats, maisonettes, mobile homes and houseboats, whether owned or rented.
There is one bill per property, whether it is owned or rented. The people who live in the property will normally have to pay the Council Tax.
Understanding Your Council Tax Bill [PDF, 0.5MB]
Council Tax instalment scheme
Your bill is normally paid over ten monthly instalments, but there is an option to pay over twelve months. If you would rather pay over twelve months please complete and submit the online form or contact us.
View further information about:
- Council Tax valuation bands and charges, including how to appeal your banding
- disregards (people who are not counted for Council Tax purposes)
- Council Tax support/reduction
- Housing benefit
- Universal Credit
Further information and contact details
Huntingdonshire District Council
- Address and main switchboard number
- Council Tax queries: 01480 388030 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business rates queries: 01480 388030 / email@example.com
- Benefits (Council Tax and housing) queries: 01480 388308 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fraud hotline: 01480 388188 / email@example.com
- Payments - online, Direct Debits, automated telephone payments
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fire Authority
Hinchingbrooke Cottage, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, PE29 2NA
- Telephone: 01480 444500
- In an emergency call 999
Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- Website and contact details
- In an emergency call 999