As part of the Homelessness Prevention Trailblazers network we have set up a free Rent Solution Service covering Cambridgeshire and Peterborough City.
We are here to offer specialist help and advice to agents, landlords and tenants to help maintain tenancies and try to help resolve tenancy problems that may otherwise lead to evictions. If we can't help directly then we may know of other services that we can refer to. The type of help available includes problems with:
- Housing Benefit claims, including applications for Discretionary Housing Payments
- debt problems leading to rent arrears
- eviction and harassment
- landlord responsibilities
- tenant responsibilities
- property repairs and maintenance
- environmental health and housing enforcement
- referrals to appropriate tenancy support services.
If you are thinking of issuing a Notice to your tenants due to problems that we may be able to help with then, please contact our Landlord/Rent Solutions Officers for help and advice first (contact details are below). We will endeavour to find an alternative way to resolve the issue and can discuss various options that may be available to you.
Contact the Rent Solutions Service by emailing email@example.com or calling one of the helpline numbers: