skip to main content
Streets & Parking

Weed control

Please note Huntingdonshire District Council is not responsible for weed control. Please direct any enquiries you have to Cambridgeshire County Council Grass Cutting.

Grass cutting

We cut our grassed areas across the district at various frequencies, depending on how often it is needed and the type of site it is. For example, certain banks may only be cut once or twice a year, whereas playing fields may be cut more often.

Report a Grass Cutting Issue

Grass verges

Cambridgeshire County Council is responsible for most of the verges in Huntingdonshire. Depending on the location of the verge, it could be cut by either Huntingdonshire District Council, town and parish councils, or Cambridgeshire County Council.

If you are unsure who cuts the grass verges please contact us on 01480 388640.

Parking on grass verges

We have no legal power to prevent cars parking on grass verges. Please report any issues or problems to Cambridgeshire County Council.

You should report any cars obstructing a pavement to the police.

We can prevent people using grass verges to sell vehicles if we can prove it is being done as a business. If you believe this is happening please report this to us and we will investigate.


We do not trim hedges during bird nesting season (March to August) and while other animals have their young. HDC-owned hedges are maintained between September and February, so please do not report an issue outside of this time.

Report an Issue with a Hedge

High hedges

See the High Hedges page for information on dealing with problems with high hedges.