We are committed to handling your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and are registered as Data Controller under the act.

The DPA has eight data protection principles which we follow to keep your data in a fair and lawful way.

Why do we collect information?

Information may be collected by us:

  • to fulfil your request for information or services

  • to provide and improve our services

  • as part of the process of consultation

  • to prevent and detect fraud.

Please view our Data Protection Policy for more information.

What information do you hold about me?

Under the DPA you can request information that we may hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR).

How do I submit a SAR?

You can complete our SAR form and return it with the original documents requested in section 6 of the form, by post or in person.

How long will it take?

Any disclosure of information will be made within 40 days of the original SAR.

How much does it cost?

A statutory fee of £10 is payable for processing a SAR. The fee is not refundable even if the result of the search shows that there is no information to be supplied.
We can also charge an extra fee to cover the costs of fulfilling your request.

How do I pay the fee?

Cheques should be made payable to Huntingdonshire District Council and be included with your completed form.

Why has some information been blocked out?

When you receive your information some of the text may be blocked out. There are several reasons why information may be blocked out (also known as redacted):

  • it may refer to somebody other than yourself, so this will not form part of your personal information. If you have written permission from any other person (that you think may be mentioned in your files) for their information to be given to you, please give us a copy when you send us your request form.

  • the information does not belong to the council, for example a medical record.

If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by Huntingdonshire District Council, you should email the council’s data protection officer at data.protection@huntingdonshire.gov.uk or the Office of the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.