We take your privacy and the security of your personal data seriously. Therefore we want to transparently explain how and why we gather, store, share and use your personal data. We also want to outline the controls and choices you have regarding when and how you choose to share your personal data.
This notice sets out the essential details relating to your personal data.
From time to time we may develop new services or offer additional ones. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data we will provide you with updated information.
The aim of this notice is to:
- ensure you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with
- explain the way we use the personal that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using our service
- explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
Why are we asking for your personal information?
We require your personal data to assess and process your application. This is in compliance with a legal requirement under the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 as amended.
You hold the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide us:
- Right to Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data
- Right to Object - the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party's service
- Right Not to be Subject to Automated Decision-Making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
Sharing your information
We may share your personal data within internal departments of the council, local partner authorities and government departments as required. We may share your personal data with other agencies such as the Environment Agency, regulatory authorities, police, etc if there is a legal reason do so.
We may process the information you provide to prevent and detect fraud in any of our systems and may supply information to government agencies, credit reference agencies, audit or other external bodies for such purposes. We participate in the government's National Fraud Initiative.
If any of the information we have about you is incorrect, please tell us, we are reliant on you assisting us to keep your information accurate and up to date.
Retention of your personal information
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary for legitimate business purposes, such as:
- maintaining the performance of the service
- making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings
- complying with our legal obligations and
- resolving disputes.
We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are using the service.
You can find out more in our Retention Policy [PDF, 0.5MB].
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, please understand that you are leaving Huntingdonshire District Council’s website and any personal data you provide will not be covered by this Privacy Notice. Please read their Privacy Notice to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
Keeping your personal data safe
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including pseudonymisation, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years or under the applicable age limit (the "age limit"). If you are under the age limit, please do not use this service, and do not provide any personal data to us. If you are a parent of a child under the age limit and become aware that your child has provided personal data, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected the personal data of a child under the age of 13 years, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy.
When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with a prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, for example by displaying a prominent notice or by emailing you. We may notify you in advance. Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notice carefully.
Thank you for reading our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Notice please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.